8.20.2008

Easily distracted by shiny objects and stuff

I think this is what all of my progress reports from grade school probably said. Yes, your daughter is a straight A student and she always seems to be able to come up with the right answer. However, to get her to pay attention in class we have to tie her arms and legs to her desk, put blinders on her, duct tape her mouth closed, and hire Mary Lou Retton to teach. Otherwise, she's talking to everyone (and everything?) in sight. I can't even count the number of times my collective teachers moved me to different table groups to get me to SHUT UP, already!

So I got distracted by a couple of things a couple weeks ago: the Olympics and an evil empire called Facebook. Which is why I haven't been blogging much. Don't worry: the Olympics only have a few days left, and I'm starting to lose interest in Facebook, since my flair board is totally full and I can't add anything else. So, soon I'll be back to my regular amount of slacking, instead of the increased amount of slacking. Until then.... go USA!

1 comment:

Dean & Christi said...

Wow, that reminds me of me when I was in elementary school! I talked SO much that one of my teacher thought that if she sat me next to the girl in the class that knew very little English and was super shy and quite then I would be force to stop talking, because I would have no one to talk to. Well that didn't work. =) Not only did her English improve but she became almost as talkative as me. Hee hee hee. =)
~ Christi