4.13.2004

100 Things

Big thanks to Barbara for getting me up and running! I am definitely a technological idiot. So finally, a decent post! Maybe. We'll see. I'm stealing Babs's idea and doing a 100 things list! This is all you will ever need to know about me. Just kidding. Here you go.....

1. I am a Christian.

2. A Bible-believing, practicing one.

3. I have attended the same church since I was born.

4. A year and a half ago I married the last great single guy on the planet!

5. Maybe. I hear there are still a few good ones out there.

6. My parents have been married for 38 years.

7. We will follow their example.

8. I have two older brothers by birth.

9. I have 3 older sisters, 1 older brother, 2 younger brothers, and 2 younger sisters by marriage.

10. I have SIX neices: Rachel (6), Morgan (4), Zoe (3), Naomi (3), Lindsay (2), and Eszter (1 month).

11. I am a youngest child.

12. But I'm not spoiled.

13. But I am irresponsible a lot of the time.

14. My name means follower of Christ.

15. It also means free spirit.

16. I believe that these two things are not mutually exclusive.

17. I am sometimes called Bug by those who love me.

18. I am called Freak by my best friend, who shares my name.

19. I am obsessed with toe socks.

20. I am a huge Cure fan.

21. I have more books than I have bookshelves for.

22. For me, reading is right up there with eating and breathing.

23. I would rather read than sleep a decent number of hours.

24. Fitzgerald is my favorite author.

25. Followed closely by Steinbeck, Wilde, Flagg, and Lewis.

26. I will probably never live outside of Southern California.

27. But I will travel the world!

28. My favorite far-away cities are London, Chiang Mai (Thailand), and Mexican Hat (Utah).

29. Just kidding about the Utah part.

30. My newest hobby is geocaching (geocaching.com), which Nathan and I like to do on the weekends.

31. I believe Starbucks is a sign of the times.

32. The end times.

33. It may be one of the plagues.

34. My favorite movies are Gone with the Wind and Singing in the Rain.

35. And recently, Bend It Like Beckham.

36. I have one calico cat named Payasa (it means clown in Spanish).

37. I live in a neighborhood where every night at about 9:45 a man drives down the street in a
white van, honks, gets out, and yells "SANCHEZ!" at the top of his voice.

38. This has become one of my favorite things.

39. I am an ocean person.

40. I love to drive, especially when I have a lot on my mind.

41. I have never broken a bone.

42. I have, however, drunk dishwashing detergent.

43. I often regress to reading the books I loved as a child and a teenager.

44. I am not afraid of heights.

45. But when I'm up high I'm sometimes afraid I'll jump.

46. It turns out this is a common fear.

47. New experiences frighten and excite me at the same time.

48. I like to watch wax melt.

49. I am happy in all kinds of weather.

50. I am an introvert who has learned to be an extrovert on occasion.

51. I kept a journal for 14 years.

52. I love to write.

53. I love to put olives on the ends of my fingers and then eat them (olives, not fingers).

54. I like fog when I don't have to drive in it.

55. I enjoy being alone.

56. I am addicted to Harry Potter.

57. I still sleep with a stuffed animal.

58. Nathan had a hard time with this at first, but he's adjusted.

59. I love studying history.

60. I collect old fruit crate labels.

61. I love Louisa May Alcott's books for their simplicity and truth.

62. I hate talking on the phone, except to the select few.

63. I am sometimes painfully shy, and this leads people to think I'm a snob.

64. You know who you are.

65. I am too opinionated.

66. But I've learned to keep my mouth shut.

67. I am trying to master the art of photography.

68. I am also trying to master the art of living in the present.

69. I sometimes think I should have been born in the early 20th century.

70. I am an INFP.

71. I have ten fingers and ten toes (in case you were wondering).

72. Or, if you want to get technical, eight fingers and two thumbs.

73. I am not a creative memories person.

74. But I am creative in how I preserve memories.

75. I am not career-oriented.

76. I am a risk-taker.

77. I have been known to make a fool of myself in order to avoid regretting a missed opportunity.

78. Some of my best experiences have resulted from taking the risk, though.

79. I enjoy the sound of light traffic when I'm trying to fall asleep.

80. I am more of a city person than I once thought.

81. I am not very competitive.

82. I am bad at confrontation.

83. I am a very big believer in traditions.

84. I have never played a sport.

85. But I LOVE watching baseball.

86. I have a bad habit of picking my nails.

87. I don't know what color my hair really is.

88. I love to sing, but I'm not that good at it.

89. My choir director graciously overlooks this.

90. I daydream a lot.

91. I love to be outdoors.

92. But I'm not "outdoorsy."

93. I have authority issues.

94. I work where Office Space was filmed (or might as well).

95. I love the way children's eyes look in the sunlight.

96. I love the way pregnant women put their hands on their bellies and listen inside themselves.

97. "The Weight of Glory" by C.S. Lewis is one of the best things I've ever read.

98. I love playing with sidewalk chalk.

99. I love being quiet.

100. I love being done with this list.....for the third time......

No comments: