And in honor of that, and because I still can't bring myself to put forth the effort to write something original, here is a meme that Christi sent me. Enjoy, rip off, and post on your own blog so that we can all find out some stuff about each other.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa doesn't do jack around our house....mommy and daddy wrap them and put them under the tree.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored lights for both. It's tradition! A couple years ago my dad bought some white icicle lights for their house, and my mom and I wouldn't let him put them up (even though I don't live there anymore). We finally compromised and he put up both sets. :)
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
When I think of it....
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Usually about the 1st of December. This year we started late.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Gotta go with the turkey.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
I've always loved the Christmas Eve service at my church. It's at 11:00, so when we were little it meant that we were up REALLY late, and by the time we got home it was after midnight, and I thought it was so fun to wish everyone a Merry Christmas before we went to bed.
8. When did you find out about Santa?
I never believed. But I loved Christi's answer on this one, which was "Find out what?"
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
I never used to, but now our little family does all of our gifts on Christmas Eve since we're with both our families all day on Christmas.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Different every year. This year it's pretty simple, just lights and a few vintage looking ornaments, because I finally found frosted pinecones!
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Love it, but that's probably only because we don't get any here, so it's a treat when I get to play in some.
12. Can you ice skate?
13. Do you remember your favorite childhood gift?
I had lots. Cabbage Patch Kids, clothes, a bike...but the best one, I think, was the two 5-subject spiral notebooks my parents got me the year I was 12, because one of them became my first journal, and started me on a 14 year habit of journaling that benefitted me greatly.
14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
When we were little we'd get up super early and go get our stockings, then take them in on my parents' bed and open them. I'm planning to keep this going with Judah this year.
16. What tops your tree?
Nothing at the moment. I'm looking for a cool star to use.
17. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
Giving. Don't I sound so unselfish? But I love receiving too.
18. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
My favorite carol to sing is O Little Town of Bethlehem. Or Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, but only if it's Christi and me singing it, and no one's listening. And I have a horrible, irreverent weakness for Cartman's version of O Holy Night. Oh, and I love The Holly and the Ivy, and Bring a Torch Jeanette Isabella as performed by Manheim Steamroller.
19. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yum, but one a year is about all I can take.