7.02.2005

Lucky 13

Currently listening to: Ivy's "In the Clear" album

Stole this little gem of an idea from Barbara. Thanks Babs! Here are thirteen of my favorite song quotes, in no particular order. This was harder to do than I thought it would be!

If only I'd known all the right words
I could've held onto your heart,
If only I'd known all the right words
I wouldn't be breaking apart...
~The Cure, "Pictures of You"

It's not always easy and sometimes life can be deceiving,
I'll tell you one thing, it's always better when we're together.
~Jack Johnson, "Better Together"

And if we can never see the sun,
There's still light with you
~Siouxsie and the Banshees, "Rhapsody"

The more skin you shed,
the more that the air in your throat will linger
when you call him your friend
~Toad the Wet Sprocket, "Crowing"

The sanest days are mad
~Morrissey, "Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself"

We'll shine like stars in the summer night
We'll shine like stars in the winter night
One heart, one hope, one love...
~U2, "With or Without You" (Rattle and Hum recording)

How can I tell you of life's sweet carress
Without showing you scars?
~Robert Deeble, "Rock a bye"

It seems reality destroys our dreams
~The Cure, "Strange Attraction

My nerves are all jangled
But I'm pulling through,
I hope I can handle
What I have to do
~Pet Shop Boys, "Only the Wind"

Tear out the pages with all the bad news
~The Cure, "Doing the Unstuck"

And I must be
An acrobat
To talk like this
And act like that
And you can dream
So dream out loud
...don't let the bastards grind you down
~U2, "Acrobat"

I don't know if we could get lost
in a city like this
if we wanted to,
And I don't know if I could survive
without seeing you,
And every time I see your face
I feel out of place
~Electronic, "Some Distant Memory"

We're too young to reason,
Too grown up to dream
~Bryan Ferry, "Slave to Love"

Phew! Done. That was tough. There are so many more that I love. Here's one more:
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of.
~They Might Be Giants, "Where your Eyes Don't Go"

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Oooo, "Pictures of You" should have made my list. Oh well. So should have a lot of others...

Clint said...

I should have introduced you to more David Wilcox while I was out there. His stuff is just plain good. Lyrically, musically... he's amazing.