11.29.2005

I can't help it, I love these things!

I'm addicted to these "have you ever" things. Seriously. I've had to pass on posting some of them here, though, as some of the questions were too incriminating. :) But I like this one. Thanks, Barbara, for the steal!

HAVE YOU EVER:
Smoked a cigarette or tried it: Yep....that's what college is for.
Crashed a friend's car: Nope, but I came THIS close.
Stolen a car: No.
Been dumped: Yes. Hard. But I totally deserved it, for reasons I won't go into here.
Shoplifted: No.
Been fired /laid off: Yes, after student workers at the Biola Health Center became "superfluous."
Been in a fist fight: Not a serious one.
Snuck out of your parents' house: Yes (sorry, Mom and Dad). I had this friend who used to come over and stand outside my window until I took the screen off and came out.
Gone on a blind date: Unfortunately, yes.
Lied to a friend: See above answer.
Skipped school: Yes. I had the football coach for history in highschool, and my best friend and I used to tell him we had to go work on the yearbook. Since I was the editor, he bought it every time. So we'd go for frozen yogurt. But we always made sure to talk about the yearbook at least for a minute, so it wasn't a total lie....
Seen someone die: No.
Been to Canada: Yes.
Been to Mexico: Yes. I'm trying to forget that one trip, though.
Eaten Sushi: Yes.
Met someone in person from the internet: This is how I made most of my friends in college. Hi Dave!
Taken pain-killers: Yep.
Had a tea party: Yes.
Cheated while playing a game: I don't think so...
Fallen asleep at work: Yes. I used to fall asleep while I was talking to shareholders on the phone because they'd take too long to find their account numbers. What else was I supposed to do in the lag time?
Used a fake ID: Nope.
Felt an earthquake: Duh, this is California!
Touched a snake: Yes.
Been robbed: No.
Petted a reindeer/goat: Yes. A goat.
Won a contest: Nope. Except at wedding showers, and I don't think that counts.
Been suspended from school: No.
Been in a car accident: Yep.
Had braces: Yes. And consequently I have years worth of pictures of me smiling with my mouth closed. And one terrifying one with my mouth open.
Eaten a whole pint of ice cream in one night: No. But Heather's vacuum cleaners are a different story.
Witnessed a crime: Three in one day once. In New York. Where else?
Swam in the ocean: Yes. Night time is best.
Sung karaoke: No way.
Paid for a meal with only coins: Umm....yeah.... I did that this morning at McDonald's....
Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose: No.
Been kissed under mistletoe: Can't remember. Probably.
Crashed a party: Not really, but I did encourage Barbara to crash one. Check out her account of it here. :)
Worn pearls: Yes.
Jumped off a bridge: Nope.
Ate dog/cat food: Yes, dog food when I was little. It was so good and salty!
Kissed a mirror: Yes. And I discovered that if you do that, and you have lipstick on, you better clean the mirror soon after, lest the kiss become permanent (sorry again, mom).
Glued your hand to something: No.
Done a one-handed cartwheel: Yes. But I never did master the no-handed cartwheel.
Talked on the phone for more than 6 hours: No. By the six hour mark we'd long ago hung up and just decided to meet somewhere in the middle.
Didn't take a shower for a week: No. But that one trip I took to Mexico, that came pretty close.
Picked and eaten an apple right off the tree: No. Don't like apples.
Been told by a complete stranger that you're hot: No, but I once had a complete stranger (some surfer type guy) jump off the wall at Huntington Beach, kiss me, and then run off. Very weird.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Yay! You did it, too! =) I love the answer to the first one. Yay, Biola.