10.19.2006

A Jonah day

As Anne would have called it. Yesterday I had an angry day. Everything just kept going wrong and wronger until I wound up being mad at everyone and everything, myself most of all. Judah woke up too early yesterday morning. First strike. At nine we left to go for our usual 2 mile Wednesday walk with Aimee and Caleb. For some reason, Judah decided to whine through most of the walk, something he never does. He usually loves walking. In the car after the walk he kept on whining, and I finally turned around and yelled at him, which made him cry harder and made me feel like the worst mother in the world. Talk about guilt. Lunch went okay and Judah actually took a decent nap, but then my usual Wednesday babysitting got messed up and I thought I wasn't going to be able to get to choir on time. It worked out, but then my dinner plans cancelled, leaving me on my own. No big deal, but I felt a little lonely. So I stopped to get some Chinese food, and decided to take it to La Mirada Regional to eat, which I thought would make me feel better. But on the way some idiot girl made a left turn right in front of me, which forced me to slam on my breaks, which sent my Chinese food flying to the floor, where it landed upside down. Of course. At the park I walked to my favorite spot, where I was once again confronted with the ugly, bulldozed blank space where the swings used to be. The grass was wet, so I couldn't sit on it to eat. When I got to choir (late) we spent most of the time working on songs I hate. I totally should have skipped it. And to top it all off, the Impala's CD player refused to play the CD I'd just made, the one that might've made it all better.

So there's an end to my whining. Today's been a much better day. Nathan let me sleep in, and then we went to Ruby's for lunch and the weather is gorgeous. And I'm going to burn the CD again. Here it is, the perfect soundtrack for an autumn sunset.

Ride - The Cary Brothers
Wild Horses - The Sundays
Some Girls are Bigger than Others - The Smiths
Perfect - Smashing Pumpkins
The Ghost in You - Siouxsie and the Banshees
Forever - Siouxsie and the Banshees
King's Cross - Pet Shop Boys
I Want to Wake Up - Pet Shop Boys
In the Morning, Before Work - Owen
Slide - The Ocean Blue
Ruined in a Day - New Order
Over - Ivy
Back in Our Town - Ivy
Mouth the Mouth - The Glove
Cry - The Sundays
When We Recovered - Toad the Wet Sprocket

No comments: