10.16.2005

Happy (belated) Birthday, Freak!

My friendship with Christi began with an attempt to walk from the Newport Pier to the Balboa Pier and back in under 20 minutes (we TOTALLY didn't make it), and most recently had us both participating in a Greek wedding (of the big fat variety), she as the bride and me as matron of honor. She has been one of my very best friends for eight years now. We've had so much fun together, and have always encouraged each other to be more daring than we'd normally be, usually with good results. We have so many good memories together that I don't even know where to begin. We've had no end of fun sharing the same name, and we've actually had people ask us quite seriously, after we had introduced ourselves, if we were twins. "Yes. Yes, we are." Christi and I have racked up thousands of hours driving together, pulled many all-nighters because we couldn't take the time to sleep, talked our way out of tickets together, shared numerous pints, sung at Disneyland and the Hollywood Bowl, beaten hell and high water to get backstage (kind of) at a Cure concert, performed very funny renditions of Shakespeare Man's "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" (but only when we're alone), and practically owned our own table at the Denny's in Orange.

Happy birthday, my favorite freak! I hope this year is a better one for you than last year was. Thank you for always standing by me no matter what. You're a supergreat friend, but remember: I'm the Mary, you're the Rhoda. Oh, and you still can't groove to organ music.

2 comments:

Clint said...

I know Christi... she was a pretty cool chick.

Kristy said...

She still is!